Puppy Training Suffolk - One to One
About the service
Puppy Training Suffolk - 'One to On' is a step towards achieving your long term goal of a well behaved trained dog.
The 'One to One' puppy training package is for one hour a week over a period of six weeks. With this package you will have the convenience of choosing a variety of training times.
You and your puppy will enjoy the same content as my group puppy classes but will be done on a one to one basis. The training will take place in and around your home and on some occasions, local public places. This gives you and your puppy realistic surroundings and distractions to train in, which can be of great benefit. Some people prefer this way of training and find it a great advantage for their puppy.
I will be sharing useful information and each week you and your puppy will learn basic obedience. Every week you will have time to put the obedience exercises into practice. This will enable me to assist you and give you practical support on each of the exercises and overcome any problems.
Practice is very important for your puppy's development and so you and your puppy will be able to progress each week. Training every day (little and often) and practice the commands/exercises and you will see the benefits.
Happy Dog Days training technique is repetition, consistency and reward based using verbal praise, food or your dog's favourite toy. There is no rough handling or angry shouting.
Content of course: (may vary slightly from the list below depending on you and your puppy)
Introduction to training:
- Importance of practice, repetition, being consistent with commands and body language. (both you and your dog seeing the signs)
- Importance of rules in and around the home: putting the lead on, feeding, puppy play, not to allow play biting.
- Importance of socialisation explained.
- Information on Neutering your dog.
- Gets your puppy used to being handled all over and it will help prevent your puppy having any parts of the body it doesn't like being touched when he/she is older. This will be of great benefit to you and your puppy for those trips to the vets and groomers etc. It will also prepare your dog for strangers coming up and stroking your dog. etc.
- Not jumping up at people
- Door manners
- Meeting other dogs
- This will help in many areas of training i.e. stopping eye contact with another dog. It will get your dog's attention on you.
- Walk to heel on loose lead (informal)
- To front (only if your puppy is ready during this course duration.)
'Leave it' command
Puppies can join the Suffolk puppy training One to One sessions from 13 weeks.
One hour session a week.
6 week puppy course, see price page.
- Each course has an organised structure but this is fully accommodating to the needs of the dog or its owners requirements.